Erected in 2016, Seacrets Distilling Company marks a milestone for the town of Ocean City, MD as the first distillery to be built in Worcester County since the end of Prohibition in 1933.
Owner and founder Leighton Moore grew up in the hospitality industry in Ocean City, Maryland. Inspired by his many trips to Jamaica, Moore opened Seacrets Bar & Restaurant on 49th Street on June 29, 1988 as a locals-only tiki bar serving cool drinks, tasty island recipes and great live entertainment. Since then, Seacrets has become one of the largest entertainment resorts in the U.S., featuring 18 bars, seven performance areas, a casual dining restaurant, a boutique, a radio station and – the newest addition – Seacrets Distillery.
Seacrets first launched its line of all-natural, handcrafted spirits in May 2014 through a contract agreement, distilling the liquors offsite in Rehoboth, DE. Seacrets Spirits was born with careful craftsmanship of the Seacrets Vodka, Gin, White Rum and the flagship Spiced Rum. As the Seacrets Spirits brand began to grow with the addition of flavored rums and vodkas, it was time to expand. The official groundbreaking for the Seacrets Distillery took place on October 26, 2015 and just 8 months later held its grand opening and ribbon cutting on June 29, 2016.
Since opening its doors, Seacrets Distilling Company has received national recognition, receiving 36 awards including Maryland Rum Distillery of the Year.
Seacrets Distilling Company proudly boasts a product line of thirteen core liquors; with many Limited Release Liquors also moving in and out of availability periodically. The full line of core Seacrets Spirits are: American Whiskey, Bourbon Whiskey, Vodka, Lemon Drop Vodka, Grapefruit Vodka, Orange Vodka, Bumbleberry Vodka, Passion Fruit Vodka, Spiced Rum, Coconut Rum, White Rum, Gold Rum, and Gin.
- Manage the distillery’s production staff. Direct staff to ensure the quality and consistency of the product. Prepare schedules and procedures to properly manufacture the spirits, as well as, document daily logs to ensure accuracy.
- Develop new products, as well as, identifying new ways to use existing inventory.
- Oversee all aspects of production including fermentation, distillation, proofing, maceration, bottling, shipping, and sourcing of raw materials.
- Maintain processing, inventory and bottling logs to ensure that the product meets specific TTB and State regulatory compliance.
- Maintain the highest standards in making sure the facility is clean, organized and safe for staff, as well as outside tour groups. Clean and sanitize all of the distilling equipment.
- Track and monitor inventory levels, rotate product, and test and sample stored spirits to monitor aging.
- Possess the ability to speak to small or large groups to educate them on the different products or distillery equipment and processes
- Full-Time Salaried Position with paid vacation and benefits.
- 21+ years old
- 2+ years as a head distiller, or 4+ years distiller assistant
- Formal Distillation education preferred
- High School Graduate
- B.S. in Science or Mathematics preferred
- Pass a background check
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Competent with most basic computer programs
Apply online or in person.